Thursday, October 20, 2005

My Own Private KatRita

(originally published elsewhere in early October)

....and the winds blew and the rains came and the land as we knew it vanished from sight (or less pretentiously, it huffed, and it puffed, and it blew my damn basement wall down!)

The upside: my roof held. many of those horrid, bigassscary, mutant spiders drowned. the sun shone once more.

The downside: water gushing through my house at the speed of sound, carrying with it snakes, rats, and other creatures that evoke in me the primal response of "get me a stick so I can bash its head!" Worrying that my beloved butnotAMac computer would be a casualty of the resulting power issues (or worse, would be swept away in the rushing flood!) MOLD!!!! Mildew!! Missing another opportunity to give away this stuff I keep collecting -- now it's useless to everyone! STANK, Stink, stunk...

living in the path of swelling underground springs (plumbers theory, not mine) is not a good thing. I should raze the house, dig a well, and start my own bottled water business!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home